City & Guilds 2393 – Building Regulations (incl. Part P)
The City & Guilds 2393-10 1 day course provides an overview of the Building Regulations including Part P that have an effect on electrical installation work in dwellings.
The course is intended to provide domestic electrical installers with the relevant background information on the building regulations that apply to your work in dwellings. This will help you with your on-site Part P assessment.
There are no formal entry requirements.
The course concludes with an open-book multiple choice online exam. The exam last 40 minutes and includes 20 questions.
The candidate will be able to:
Describe the Building Regulations in terms of scope, purpose and structure and state the type of building work that is:
– Notifiable and Non-notifiable
– Identify relevant Approved Documents
– Describe how Building Regulations are enforced
– Identify the role of Building Control Services by the:
– Local Authority Building Control Services and Approved Inspector’s Building Control Services
– Identify methods that electrical installations must comply with for the following Approved Documents:
– Part A, Structure: Notches and holes in floors and roof joists
– Part B, Fire Safety: Fire alarm and fire detection systems, Recessed luminaires and other electrical equipment installed in ceilings and maintenance of breaches of required fire barriers and lighting of escape routes
– Part E, Resistance to the Passage of Sound: Recessed luminaires and other electrical equipment installed in ceilings containing sound absorbent material and maintenance of breaches of sound absorbent material following installation of equipment
– Part F, Ventilation, including extraction rates and the interaction of mechanical extract ventilation and combustion appliances
– Part L1, Conservation of Fuel and Power: Internal lighting, External lighting, Suitable types of lamps
– Part M, Access to, and use of, buildings: Mounting heights for electrical equipment
The C&G 2393 is also included in our Installer 2 course.
Successful learners can progress to:
For details of course dates and pricing go to: