City and Guilds 2377 – Portable Appliance Testing
This 1.5 day City & Guilds 2377-22 course is based on the latest edition of the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment.
The Code of Practice (COP) provides guidance on the inspection and testing of electrical appliances, luminaires, IT equipment supplied by a plug and socket, and similar equipment connected by a flexible cable.
The COP is written both for administrators with responsibility for electrical maintenance (who may have little technical knowledge) and the staff who carry out the inspections and tests. This course prepares candidates for a practical assessment of inspection and testing of electrical appliances followed by a multiple-choice open-book exam for 2377-22 certification.
The City and Guilds exam comprises a 50-question multi-choice test lasting 1 hour 40 mins.
We also run a PTT 1-day PAT Testing course which covers the same syllabus, but includes PTT rather than C&G assessments. At the end of the training candidates receive a certificate of from Proactive Technical Training.
We also run an Introduction to PAT 1-day course for those students who do not have an electrical background but who wish to progress to either the 1-day PTT PAT course or the 1.5 day C&G course.
The objectives of the course are for the participants to:
- Understand the legal requirements for maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Be able to select suitable frequencies of maintenance and know the requirements for record keeping and training of personnel.
- Know the construction and classification of electrical equipment.
- Be able to identify different types of test equipment.
- Be capable of inspecting electrical equipment and identifying potential faults.
- Know the tests to perform on different classes of equipment.
For details of course dates and pricing go to: