Arc Flash Safety
This one-day course has been designed to introduce students to Arc flash hazard safety. It covers legislation, terminology, hazard and risk analysis, PPE and includes details on the requirements for reporting hazards.
This course is open to Electricians, Electrical Engineers and anyone responsible for, or working on electrical switchgear.
Arc Flash Safety – Syllabus
- Legislation, Guides and Standards
- High Energy Electrical Safety
- Arc Flash
- Arc Flash Energy
- Incident Energy
- Arc Blast
- Arc Flash Boundary and Labels
- Hazard Risk Categories (HRC) and PPE
- Risk Analysis
- Responsibilities and Reporting
Assessments will be continuous throughout the course and you will asked to complete the following types of assessments:
- Simulation exercises/role-plays, structured assessment activities, written questions, oral questions and activity sheets.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued a ‘Statement of Attainment’ showing that he/she has been assessed as having the knowledge and understanding of the requirements to work safely in an arc hazard zone.
All refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided.
For details of course dates and pricing go to: