Lightning Protection Systems – Inspection & Testing
This EAL accredited 1 day course provides a review of the requirements of Lightning Protection Systems in accordance with BS EN 62305.
It looks in detail at the requirements for the inspection, testing and certification of Lightning Protection Systems.
This course is aimed at those responsible for the inspection and testing of Lightning Protection Systems.
Who should attend?
There are no formal entry requirements, but the qualification is primarily aimed at qualified electricians and other allied professionals and trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of Lightning Protections Systems in accordance with BS EN 62305.
It may also be suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate a greater understanding of Lightning Protection Systems.
The scheme covers topics such as causes of lightning, risk assessment, the methods of protection including surge protection and inspection and testing to meet the standards of BS EN 62305.
The course is concluded with a short open-book exam.
Successful learners will be issued with a certificate accredited by EAL.
- Formation of Lightning Storms
- Transient Overvoltages
- Lightning Protection Standards (BS EN 62305)
- Damage caused to buildings and equipment
- Overvoltage protection
- Types of loss due to lightning strikes
- Risk assessment for lightning protection
- Protection of structures
- Surge Protection
- Earthing, Bonding and Terminations
- Safe Working at Height
- Inspection and Testing (includes practical demonstrations)
- Short multiple-choice test
For details of course dates and pricing go to: